Monday, December 15, 2008

Bullit at home, recuperating

After picking up Bullit from the emergency vet and making a stop at the regular vet, I brought him home today. Even in the few hours since I visited him yesterday afternoon, his walking had improved. He is still wobbly and walks a little drunk, but he's no longer knuckling his paws. The doctor said today that his injury is either related to a disc in his spine or it could be a spinal stroke. We can't know unless we get an MRI (to the tune of $1500!). So, he's being treated as if it's a disc injury (to be on the safe side), which means several weeks of very limited activity and some more steroid pills for now. For now, we are cautiously optimistic, as the saying goes, and hope that his recovery continues in the right direction.

I know it looks like he's in doggy jail in this picture, but really, he's enjoying quiet and comfortable rest, and lots of yummy food for sick dogs (Gerber chicken sticks, rice with cheese and lots of dog treats).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see Bullit at home and doing better. He is right where he wants to be! We will all keep him in our thoughts and hope for a full recovery soon.
Love, Marilynn

Mary said...

i second marilynn's comment - it's great to see bullit at home!!