Sunday, May 03, 2009

Baby Grant turns 1

Can you believe it? I know I can't. Who knew that one little person could add so much more fun, chaos and adventure to our lives? We can't wait to see what the future holds for our sweet Grant.

The theme of the party was Eric Carle's The Very Hungry Caterpillar (which will help explain several of the following pictures).


My caterpillar cake creation (with a little help from a nifty cake pan from Williams-Sonoma).


Caterpillar on a clothesline.



Baby grant, from 0 to 12 months (click to see larger).


How would you react if a caterpillar head was on your plate?



Some of the party-goers.


Grant enjoying a new book (thanks Uncle DJ & Aunt Heather!).

Grant (and Evan) enjoying a birthday present (thanks Aunt Kim & Uncle Shane!).

The [in]famous ball popper. Thanks a lot (you know who you are).


Grandma Soon and Grant (I just love this picture!).



Yep, he still sucks his thumb!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

WOW! He is so adorable! Looks like a great party!! ToOoOo cute! Our gift will be there, but fashionably late!! Give him big birthday hugs from us!!

Anonymous said...

What great pictures, and Lucky little boys. Love, Grandma & Grandpa

Anonymous said...

I love the caterpillar idea with each month of life pic posted on it. So creative! Sorry we missed it. Marots

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh I wish we could have been there for baby Grants party! Looks like it was a fun one! Very creative! Love the look on his face with a bug on his tray!! He is so cute!xoxo

Sherean said...

OMG, what cute pics. I saw that caterpillar pan in a Williams-Sonoma catalogue. Looks like yours turned out great! Love all the caterpillar stuff. Really cute.