Monday, January 12, 2009

A day at the museum

So, I'm either Mom of the Year or a glutton for punishment. I vote for the latter. I schlepped both of the boys, by myself, to downtown DC, one week before inauguration (read: TRAFFIC), to the Museum of Natural History. After finding great parking, realizing that I had no change to feed the meter, then finding change in the farthest corners of my car only to realize (after I fed the meter) that the meter was out of order.... we finally made it inside. I carried Grant around in the Ergo, Evan was in a stroller and all of us were bundled in winter gear. We were quite the site. Despite the fiasco getting there, we had a lot of fun.






3 comments:

Amanda said...

Sometimes great ideas come to mothers...and you go through with them...and even tho everyone survives, you can't help but wonder, "What was I thinking??!" It's always seems like it will be no big deal!! Looks like Grant was enjoying himself!!

Anonymous said...

We vote "Mom of the year". That is so good. Sounds like something you will always remember. Love, Grandma & Grandpa

Mary said...

After giving such a strong recommendation for the Ergo, I'm glad to see that you and Grant are enjoying it so much!
Also glad to hear that you guys are having so much fun in DC!
Mary