Friday, January 02, 2009

Why I don't like Cookie Monster

For at least a year now, Evan has been imitating cookie monster. Before he could really talk, he would sit in his high chair and fan his fingers in front of his mouth, making food fly in all directions. We used to think that he was simply playing with his food. But eventually, it dawned on us that he was imitating the signature Cookie Monster move. And when he learned to talk, he confirmed it and said: "Coosie Mosser!" So now, every single day, Jason and I say to Evan, "No Cookie Monster at the table," or "Why are you in time out?" To which Evan replies, "I no Coosie Moster at the table."

And that is why I don't like Cookie Monster.


Just Say No.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I'm glad that Luis doesn't yet know WHY Cookie Monster has his name. Sigh, all things in good time, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Guess Cookie Monster isn't teaching very good manners! Who would have thought!