One of my [very few] imperfections that really bothers me is my inability to be consistent, stick with a routine, be predictable, etc, etc--you get the idea. I've started (and not finished) so many projects, routines, schedules, hobbies--you name it--that I've lost count. I couldn't tell you why I'm like this, but it drives me nuts! But, instead of focusing on the lack of consistency in my life, I'd like to share what I have stuck with:
This blog. Over my 29 years, I've started and stopped keeping a written journal. There are probably more than 10 journals sitting in a box in my attic. At most, in any given journal, there are about 17 pages filled out. I kept a journal during my pregnancy with Evan.... it lasted until month 5. On my blog, however, I've consistently posted nearly every week. I'm not sure why, maybe it's the fact that there are pictures, maybe it's because I love to brag about my family, or maybe it's because I know there's a captive audience (are you captivated yet?).
My home management binder. This is a new item, but so far, for about 10 days, I've been using it and LOVING it. It's simplified so many of my daily to-dos. Instead of explaining exactly what this is, if you're interested, go here.
My marriage. This coming Sunday marks 6 years of marriage. Now let me clarify, my marriage is not something that I have just "stuck with," but rather, very much enjoyed. It has been six years of marriage to someone who is exceedingly patient (which is required for a wife who's not consistent), does his fair share of household chores, does more than his fair share of the cooking, has become a great handyman/mister-fix-it, and is an excellent and involved father to our two boys. Happy 6 years J, and many more to come!
4 comments:
awww....brings a (happy) tear to my eye. Happy 6th!
Wow! Where has the time went? Can't believe it's been 6 yrs already!!You two are a wonderful couple and we wish you many more HAPPY years. Love ya
Thanks for the pictures of the children and yes I truly enjoy your blog.
Love Aunt Nellie
If we could all be as organized. We are very proud of you and your family. Keep on Posting.
Love, Grandma & Grandpa
Post a Comment